If you love them so much- YOU keep them!

On occasion, I get asked "well, if they are so great and you love them so much- YOU keep them then; since they have a good home with you".

Don't get me wrong- ALL of my foster kittens are wonderful and we would be very glad to keep any or ALL of them. There are several reasons why I don't keep them:

1. These kittens aren't 'mine' to keep. They belong to the rescue group who has invested the money to have them completely vetted (shots, Felv/FIV testing/spay/neuter).

2. They deserve to be kings of their own castle! Yes, they love each other and have a good home- but they have to share the time we spend (and toys) with their foster brothers, our 2 cats, our puppy Oscar, and the foster dog Lexi.

3. Third and MOST IMPORTANT REASON: If I keep them all, where will the kittens go that have nowhere else to go? Kitten season is starting up again soon (although sometimes it feels like it never stopped).. and where will the kittens go that are too young to be adopted? Who have to be bottle fed? Who are too sick to be adopted? Who are dirty and scared and need some socialization? We NEVER have enough space in our foster homes, and if I keep all my fosters I would never have space for new cats and kittens in need.

Please consider adding some Kings to your castle and email me for information on how to adopt my handsome boys at VFRgrl@yahoo.com

No comments: